Webinar on Securing the Future of UK Manufacturing Thur 17 Sep 2020, 17:00-18:00
- Day/Date: Thur 17 Sep 2020
- Time: 17:00-18:00
- Roy Rickhuss CBE, General Secretary, Community
- Stephen Kinnock, Shadow FCO Minister, MP for Aberavon
- Anna Turley, MP for Redcar (2015-2019) and member of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Select Committee
- Alex Mayer, MEP for the East of England (2016-2019) and Labour's spokesperson for the economy (2018-2019)
- Chaired by John Lehal, a member of Labour Business’s Executive Committee
The UK is the ninth largest manufacturing nation in the world, yet this Government has repeatedly failed to acknowledge the importance of the sector. From building cars to aerospace engines, and from steel to textiles, our manufacturing sector provides high-quality jobs, is an export success story, and contributes to research and innovation.
As we enter a severe recession, we need to ensure the Government is prioritising a recovery stimulus which will continue to create high-quality manufacturing jobs with good pay and conditions.
This event will explore the urgent need for prioritisation of manufacturing, and explore the crucial issues affecting the manufacturing sector - from Coronavirus, Brexit, supply chains, training and apprenticeships, to a green recovery.
To register for the event, just click here. You will receive an email with the log in details. The event is free.