Stay in touch
- Register now for the Labour Business Online Christmas Party Tuesday December 1st 2020. A two-part event with Shadow Chancellor Anneliese Dodds MP followed by a Light-hearted Political Quiz hosted by Phil McCauley, editor of Labour Business TV.... >>
- This joint event with the Fabian Womens Network brings together a panel of women who have very different experiences of a changing working life during the crisis. We will be discussing how Labour can support businesses and workers as we come to terms with the changes brought by both the health and the economic crisis.... >>
- Saturday September 19 from 16:00: Now’s the time – Women in Business - More information soon.... >>
- Day/Date: Monday September 21 Time: from 14:00 Philip Ross, Labour Business, Chair of Small Business & Self-employment Policy Group Dr Liz Hind, Labour Business, Vice Chair of Small Business & Self-employment Policy Group Ryan Barnett, IPSE Dave Mountford, Forum of... >>
- Day/Date: Tuesday September 22 Time: from 13:00 Jo Stevens MP, Shadow DCMS Secretary Mike Buckley, Campaign Central Phil McCauley, Vice-Chair of Labour Business Joe Harrod, Signify Nolan MacGregor, Jarrow Insights The event is free for Labour Party members but you... >>
- Zoom Webinar, with live broadcast on our website (see below) Tuesday, September 22nd from 17:30 - 19:00... >>
- Labour Party Conference Webinar - Securing the Future of UK Manufacturing: 17/09 - 5pm. The UK is the ninth largest manufacturing nation in the world, yet this Government has repeatedly failed to acknowledge the importance of the sector. From building cars to aerospace engines, and from steel to textiles, our manufacturing sector provides high-quality jobs, is an export success story, and contributes to research and innovation.... >>
- As Covid-19 has shown, governments in the future will have to accept a more active role in the economy. In this context, the regulatory framework for corporate governance will need to be adapted to support economic growth and encourage responsible business practices. A new report from Labour Business provides a route for how the Labour Party in office might begin to bring this about. It discusses reforms relating to shareholders, directors, and employees, as well as broader issues of regulation and enforcement.... >>
About Labour Business
Labour Business, formerly the Labour Finance and Industry Group, was founded by Harold Wilson in 1972. Today, it is one of the 22 socialist societies affiliated to the Labour Party. As such, it is the oldest, largest and only business membership group affiliated to the Labour Party.
Labour Business is the bridge between the Labour Party and the business community. It is a voice for the Party within the business community, and a voice for the business community within the Party.
Its mission is to bust the myth that the Tories are the party of business, and to establish Labour as the natural party of business by advocating a partnership between government, businesses and trade unions for a new and more sustainable kind of economic growth.
Our activities include business engagement, policy development, media outreach and member events. We work closely with the Labour Front Bench and Backbenchers in Parliament, with Labour City Mayors, with Labour Councillors and with Labour Party units nationally and regionally on business engagement and policy development. Our flagship initiative in 2017-18 is to secure the appointment of a Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) to work with the existing Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO) in every CLP across the country. We have a federal structure which allows members to participate in our work both nationally and regionally.