Stay in touch
- Launch of the Discussion Paper by the Economic Policy Group of Labour Business, with Jonathan Reynolds MP Labour has a strategic opportunity to take the mantle of the “party of business” from the Conservatives and become “the natural party of business”... >>
- A Discussion Paper by the Economic Policy Group of Labour Business With a Foreword by Jonathan Reynolds MP Labour has a strategic opportunity to take the mantle of the “party of business” from the Conservatives and become “the natural party... >>
- Foreword When Labour Business was approached by Hackney Labour Group with an invitation to collaborate with them in creating a business manifesto for the forthcoming local elections in May 2022, we jumped at the opportunity. Labour Business – founded... >>
- As you may know, Labour Business was founded by Harold Wilson in 1972, so 2022 is our 50th anniversary year. Join us today using the code "50th" and you will pay just £19.72 for your first year's membership. To proceed,... >>
- Capital markets have increasingly become a vehicle for value extraction, at the expense of long‐term productive investment by companies. A new Labour Business briefing paper examines the causes and consequences of these trends, and outlines two areas for policy development.... >>
- More than 130 representatives from CLPs up and down the country joined Labour Party General Secretary David Evans, Shadow Business Minister Seema Malhotra MP and Labour Business Chair Hamish Sandison for the launch. Other speakers at the launch included Del... >>
- During the course of the pandemic millions has been paid out in business support with little or no scrutiny. While the disproportionate impact on women’s employment has been studied, there has been no similar assessment on the impact to women’s businesses. There has been a gendered response to business support with schemes to support typically male businesses like pubs, but less support, and even ridicule, about sectors dominated by women like beauty and weddings. ... >>
Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) campaign launch event on July 7th with Labour Party General Secretary David EvansBusiness Liaison Officer (BuLO) campaign launch event on July 7th To help us launch our Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) Campaign for 2021, we are absolutely delighted that we will be joined by the General Secretary of the Labour Party David... >>
About Labour Business
Labour Business, formerly the Labour Finance and Industry Group, was founded by Harold Wilson in 1972. Today, it is one of the 22 socialist societies affiliated to the Labour Party. As such, it is the oldest, largest and only business membership group affiliated to the Labour Party.
Labour Business is the bridge between the Labour Party and the business community. It is a voice for the Party within the business community, and a voice for the business community within the Party.
Its mission is to bust the myth that the Tories are the party of business, and to establish Labour as the natural party of business by advocating a partnership between government, businesses and trade unions for a new and more sustainable kind of economic growth.
Our activities include business engagement, policy development, media outreach and member events. We work closely with the Labour Front Bench and Backbenchers in Parliament, with Labour City Mayors, with Labour Councillors and with Labour Party units nationally and regionally on business engagement and policy development. Our flagship initiative in 2017-18 is to secure the appointment of a Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) to work with the existing Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO) in every CLP across the country. We have a federal structure which allows members to participate in our work both nationally and regionally.