Stay in touch
- Foreword When Labour Business was approached by Hackney Labour Group with an invitation to collaborate with them in creating a business manifesto for the forthcoming local elections in May 2022, we jumped at the opportunity. Labour Business – founded... >>
- Capital markets have increasingly become a vehicle for value extraction, at the expense of long‐term productive investment by companies. A new Labour Business briefing paper examines the causes and consequences of these trends, and outlines two areas for policy development.... >>
- More than 130 representatives from CLPs up and down the country joined Labour Party General Secretary David Evans, Shadow Business Minister Seema Malhotra MP and Labour Business Chair Hamish Sandison for the launch. Other speakers at the launch included Del... >>
- During the course of the pandemic millions has been paid out in business support with little or no scrutiny. While the disproportionate impact on women’s employment has been studied, there has been no similar assessment on the impact to women’s businesses. There has been a gendered response to business support with schemes to support typically male businesses like pubs, but less support, and even ridicule, about sectors dominated by women like beauty and weddings. ... >>
Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) campaign launch event on July 7th with Labour Party General Secretary David EvansBusiness Liaison Officer (BuLO) campaign launch event on July 7th To help us launch our Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) Campaign for 2021, we are absolutely delighted that we will be joined by the General Secretary of the Labour Party David... >>
- Why Labour is Better for Business Labour Business hosted a Q&A with Lucy Powell MP, Shadow Minister for Business and Consumers on Why Labour is Better for Business. We were also joined by our Police & Crime Commissioner candidate for... >>
- Register now for the Labour Business Online Christmas Party Tuesday December 1st 2020. A two-part event with Shadow Chancellor Anneliese Dodds MP followed by a Light-hearted Political Quiz hosted by Phil McCauley, editor of Labour Business TV.... >>
- This joint event with the Fabian Womens Network brings together a panel of women who have very different experiences of a changing working life during the crisis. We will be discussing how Labour can support businesses and workers as we come to terms with the changes brought by both the health and the economic crisis.... >>
About Labour Business
Labour Business, formerly the Labour Finance and Industry Group, was founded by Harold Wilson in 1972. Today, it is one of the 22 socialist societies affiliated to the Labour Party. As such, it is the oldest, largest and only business membership group affiliated to the Labour Party.
Labour Business is the bridge between the Labour Party and the business community. It is a voice for the Party within the business community, and a voice for the business community within the Party.
Its mission is to bust the myth that the Tories are the party of business, and to establish Labour as the natural party of business by advocating a partnership between government, businesses and trade unions for a new and more sustainable kind of economic growth.
Our activities include business engagement, policy development, media outreach and member events. We work closely with the Labour Front Bench and Backbenchers in Parliament, with Labour City Mayors, with Labour Councillors and with Labour Party units nationally and regionally on business engagement and policy development. Our flagship initiative in 2017-18 is to secure the appointment of a Business Liaison Officer (BuLO) to work with the existing Trade Union Liaison Officer (TULO) in every CLP across the country. We have a federal structure which allows members to participate in our work both nationally and regionally.