Labour Business is leading a conversation with businesses, workers and their trade unions on the future of our economy. We see good business as part of the solution to the great crises facing us today – notably Coronavirus and climate change. But we are equally clear that there must be no return to a “business as usual” economy which has failed to deliver on economic or social justice.
Through a programme of business engagement up and down the country, we are building an evidence base for policy development. Based on that evidence, we are working with Labour Front Bench teams, Labour MPs and Peers, Labour Mayors and Councillors and policy forums within the Party to help develop better business policies for future elections.
Our business engagement and policy development work is spearheaded by 9 Policy Groups. If you are a full member of Labour Business, you can join a Policy Group and help shape Labour’s policies for a fairer, more resilient and sustainable economy.
- Chair: Rod Dowler Vice Chair: Del Goddard The group covers the following topics: Industrial strategy and messaging Corporate governance and corporate structures Skills and employment policy Contact the chair: email@example.com Interested in Joining?
- Chair: Hamish Sandison Vice Chair: Liz Minns The policy group covers the following topics: Taxation Public spending National & regional banks Public ownership Public procurement Basic Minimum Income Welfare/Pensions reform Contact the chair: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested in Joining?
- The group focuses on exploring ways businesses can operate in a sustainable way, that is compatible with Labour’s Green Agenda, protects jobs and enhances social wellbeing whilst preserving profitability.
- Chair: Mike Parker Vice Chair: - This group focuses on the following areas: Transport Communications Energy Contact the chair: email@example.com Interested in Joining?
- Chair: Peter Kenyon Vice Chair: Eleni Chalmers The International Policy Group focuses on the following topics: To monitor the implementation of Brexit by the Tory Government and provide regular feedback to LB members and the Labour front bench Survey LB
- Chair: Mike Roberts Vice Chair:tbc The group focuses on the following: Further devolution to Cities, City Regions and Local Authorities Empowering local government to stimulate economic development Housing Spatial planning Contact the chair: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested in Joining?
- Chair: Philip Ross Vice Chair:Dr Liz Hind This group focuses on the following issues: Rights at work Benefits for self-employment/freelancing Taxation of self-employed workers Access to finance Contact the chair: email@example.com Interested in Joining?
- Chair: Phil McCauley Vice-Chair: Tbc The group focuses on the following: The digital economy Cyber Security AI, robotics Innovation, incentives for R&D Boosting productivity Contact the chair here firstname.lastname@example.org Interested in Joining?
- Co-Chairs: Liz Hind - Rachel Burgin This policy group covers Gender equality on company boards Effective company family policies Women in STEM Women’s innovation in business practice Women in SMEs Women and working benefits Women, work and COVID-19 Contact the